Friday, November 9, 2012


November 9th, 2012                                                                                        105 Days Post Treatment

 

Hey Now Everyone,

I had my appointment yesterday at 3:00 PM. Aside from a couple of punch list items concerning how to better increase my salivary production et al, the results of the PET Scan were available and they show NO Cancer Cell activity whatsoever. I am currently cancer free. I will re-scan in 6 mos, and 6 mos after, this puppy will string out 5 years, out as far as responding to treatment, my body did just that!

Though my journey isn’t over, my place in time is so very positive. Of the 6 or 7 others who were in my bullpen and who’s advice I sought throughout this process, none of them have had a recurrence, so I’m planning on joining that group. As we used to tell the security guards as we went backstage at a show, “I’m with THOSE guys!” In this case, I am with the survivors!

It is a HUGE load off my back, and though I was certain I would hear that, I wanted to erase all doubt. It’s the same feeling when you’re up 3-0 in games in the World Series and you have a lead in the 8th…..it still ain’t  over, and you still have to push forward.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you, who’s prayers and support got me through this. I don’t know if the story is over, do I continue to BLOG here, how does this end, or continue?……I don’t know, but it has been a dandy way to communicate to everyone, more than 12,000 hits to the blog, can you believe?

Again, I am humbled by all of it. Tell me what to do…keep on chatting, let it drift, transition over to a Real Estate Blog……? I’m stumped, but that will be a concern for another day. Till then, ya-freaking-hoo!

Across the Lazy River,

TS

3 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations to you Tom! Wasn't easy reading about it, let alone going thru it I am sure. Hope you can get back to normal...whatever that is...and put this behind you. Didn't know you had a real estate blog. Will have to check it out. I still think you should be a writer of some sort :).
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. well hey now, and not any less than expected! You are a winner (and a whiner!), and a fighter, and you love your family, your life, and frankly yourself, to much to let a bit of cancer get in the way. Maybe just maybe, it was all for a reason, you have helped and will help, many people. You are now the miracle, and positive energy got you to that. Much love from the Kaminskys, the Lucys, and the powers that art. Smiles for Miles......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom- I don't know if you are still blogging but I want you to know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers from this Spring through the long road in the Summer to recent great news you shared last month. Thanks for bringing us all on your journey. Music and Sports are can provide great metaphors for life- I don't know anyone who has expressed those better than you.
    (I especially liked the Jimmy Cliff reference since we saw him together back in 82'!)
    Another friend of mine is at the front end of what could be a similar journey. I'd like to connect you with him as your experience, resilience and strength would be hugely inspiring. I will connect with you outside of the blog. Now go sell a house, buddy!
    Love from Bill, Judy, Clare and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete