Thursday, July 26, 2012


July 27th, 2012                                                                                                    Derek Jeter Day





I tried to get cute and make a big ol’ number 2 take up the whole page but that evidently is beyond me. 2 means 2. Kids, I’m hurting, the neck is aridly dry on the outside, the evenings are passed in 10 minute naps while I then cough up mucous balls to a bedside cup. No way around it. This is in a fully propped up position. At 4:30 last night I went to sideways and flat position, and though I unknowingly drool (just drool) I get blocks of sleep in, so I went that route and locked in a couple of hours. The wake up ain’t pretty, but right now, neither am I.

Happy to say the plumbing is working, (which isn’t always the case with this cancer), the drugs and creams are in the dozens, and nothing is phasing out yet, I still need everything and more of some of it.

Closing a deal next Tuesday, which means I go for signing and a walk through today. Trying to get a proxy, we’ll see. I definitely want to limit my Vitamin D exposure as well as my human interaction.

Once that closes, I go to full on bunker mode. The voice is barely with me still, so please, short term, no calls. This might be the toughest part, the end of radiation. There were some windows in the chemo process that really sucked, but this period, ironically towards the end, could very well be the toughest.

I gotta bounce and get my day on. Around 2:00 PM WCT, the #2 will tear off and we’ll be staring at #1. I have a surprise guest(s) in store for that one.

Peace & Skin Lubrication Out!

TS

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tom,
    Thanks for going the extra effort to supply the blog updates during this final countdown week of treatment. I love it when I go to the site and there is new information. While "1" may be the loneliest number, you must realize that there a ton of folks out here who think of you daily and pray for you nightly. We are all so very proud of you. You fought an incredible fight and came out on top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TS,

    Gotta go with your man Dan here: I truly love finding new updates from you when I hit this page and I appreciate you making the time to keep all of us in your corner apprised of how things are looking from the middle of the ring.

    You said recently that Day 1 does not equal Done but it does represent a significant milepost along this long road that you have walked with such courage and conviction and know that the hopes and prayers of all of on the other end of this lifeline will follow you into that bunker.

    May this last day be as great as a day involving treatment can be and set you up for the ultimate success in all the days that follow.

    Wishing you a box of rain to ease your pain and love to see you through, my friend.

    -RC-

    ReplyDelete