Monday, April 16, 2012

Round Two---Day 14
History was made last night, April 15th, 2012. Tom Stack missed his 1st ever concert on a voluntary basis....for any of you who have seen my two binders, 3" thick, 18 ticket stubs to a page going back to a 1971 Tom Jones Concert at Circle Star Theatre I attended with my folks (at least my Mom didn't throw HER bra at the stage!) moving through my Winterland days, national and international GD touring.....yep, saved every stub. Regrettably, I won't be putting the Jimmy Cliff stub in there, as I just couldn't answer the bell. I think I had the energy, could've had a Diet Coke for a bounce, but the mouth was and is still so inflamed that the discomfort would just not have been worth it. That pisses me off, btw, because this was going to be an "acoustic-storytelling evening" something completely different and right up my alley. I love the history, the inspiration, the genesis behind what made the music. It would have been all there, 6th row center. Damn. You know I had to have been dragging, right?
I give this freaking throat tumor ZERO chance of making it out alive, because the number this chemo has done to my throat is serious business. There is no discernible feel of anything on my neck, on the side.....haven't felt anything there for a few weeks now. I'm talking about the source of this thing, and how intense the chemo has been to the area, it just HAS to be eating it up.
That and y'all's great energy vibration nation.....we're puree-ing all the soups for now, but the pizza and BLT avocado sandwich commercials on TV between innings or quarters get me fired up. I still WANT to eat, just no chance of chewing.....should be a day or two.
The big day is NEXT Monday the 23rd when I do another PET Scan. This will show the "State of the Progress", on a molecular level. It will determine the need for a 3rd round of what I have been doing. If need be, let's do it, at least I know the devil well enough by now. After this, yay or nay, we move onto to 35 days of Radiation, weekends off. That is where they go after the remains of the bastards directly, like they did in The Matrix, from multiple angles cross-firing on it in an exact manner. So heavy.
So, in honor of the great, inspriational, spiritual, philisophical leader Jimmy Cliff, go play The Harder They Come, Many Rivers to Cross, Bongo Man, Sitting in Limbo, or You Can Get It If You Really Want It real loud for me. His voice echoes the yearning of moving on, moving up and getting through. His voice is the tonic for the Struggling Man.
TS

7 comments:

  1. Seeing Counting Crows at Fox tonight Tom. I will tip one back in your honor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. closing song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT129jGQuKk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in to see how you're doing. Sounds like it's a rocky road but your mind and spirit are in overdrive. Good thoughts and warm wishes of get-the-hell-better-soon! You are in my thoughts and prayers to get through this as quickly, easily and efficiently as you can! Sending an angel to you and your family; I know it's hard on everyone who loves you. And it appears there are many.....

    Noelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. t-stack, all I can say is, the rain of love for you is pouring, stay positive, stay focused, stay Tom Stack, the eating talking sarcastic wonderful you we all love, smiles for miles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tom, I can only imagine how funky you must be feeling to miss such a show. You're sure doing a great job of writing your blog, though. Much appreciated. Sending all our love and praying for the best results. Good luck on Monday. Keep up the amazing spirit. You are an inspiration...
    xoxo J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tom,
    Sending you prayers and good thoughts on your PET scan today. Add me to your growing list of white light warriors.
    xo
    Joanie Cotter Cattermole

    ReplyDelete