Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Round Two   Day 8--Wednesday the 2nd of May

Round 3 is here and now.....the bag with the 5-FU came off on Sunday, and both ironically and typically, the pain and the heat begin soon theeafter.....which it has. But we feel we have a better hand on it. I don't feel as burnt from the inside out. My face isn't fiery red. The backs of my hands are mellow. The mouth is uncomfortable, my speech is more measured, but the sores and blisters aren't as big. I wake up EVERY morning and take a mini-inventory of mouth flexibility, lip tightness, tongue mobility, and it has remained the same since Sunday. This is good.
Fatigue is part of the game, yes. I nap now, and have been throughout the process. But I am measured and cautious about Saturday night......I do NOT want to jinx aything, but so far, so good.
You know, our lives move so quickly when we are in them, dealing, coping, adapting.....but, I'll tell ya what.....when you get forced to the sidelines, forced to take a break and NOT do all those things, it slows down so much, you have no idea. When you have pain, you hear the clock tick. All I want now is to be in September or October, having recovered from what promises to be a grueling radiation period.......I want my life back and all that I brought to it, and all that came with it.
But God has another plan, and I am in it now.
13 days to go in Round 3, then a break......I will be more than 50% done with treatments whent he round is over.....I am, most certainly, getting there.
This HPV-16 virus is a bitch. The more I learn, the more men I speak with who have suffered from it and come out the other side, the more amazed I am about it's prevalence. It is said that 80% of all men and women between 25 and 35 have the virus somewhere in them, just latent. Yes, vaccinate your teen! Absolutely. This thing is a runaway train, and it will continue to pop up and effect people daily. Just you wait and see. Study it a bit and see the numbers. If I could help one person forego the treatment and not have to go through this, I would.
The show at Town Hall Theatre is THIS Saturday night. We have a silent auction, tribute to Cinco de Mayo, a poster for the attendees, amazing musicians, a full bar, comfortable seating.......PLEASE come, we so want you there.
www.Townhalltheatre.com
You can buy tix at the door, too.
Keep the cards and letters coming in, I read them multiple times. I love you for that and for your vibe. Over 3,000 hits to this blog, can you dig it?
You're Amazing,
TS

6 comments:

  1. Tom - Thanks for sharing and please keep it coming. Continue to stay strong, positive. You're an inspiration and I look forward to seeing you in the near future, my friend!!! We are here if there's anything we can do to help. All my best, Faham

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya, Tom! We're all pulling for you, so many lights await at the end of this tunnel. I know you are lacking GD quotes, so here's some Crazy Fingers to tickle your fancy:

    "Gone are the days we stopped to decide
    Where we should go
    We just ride

    Gone are the broken eyes we saw through in dreams
    Gone - both dream and lie

    Life may be sweeter for this I don't know
    Feels like it might be alright
    While Lady Lullaby sings plainly for you
    Love still rings true"

    Looking forward to when this is all behind you and there will be "nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile!" Best to you, Kiki, Sam and Jammer! ~ J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tom:

    Hang in there. Very inspirational and moving blogs.

    Have fun this weekend - I feel it is going to be a great show.

    We will continue to be praying for your healing as your treatments move through the phases.

    God bless,
    Peter Wright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there Tom. Doesn't sound very fun. Let us know if we can help in any way. Can't make the 5th. Bummed.
    Mark

    Go Rangers! (NY)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tom,
    Sent you an email at @cbnorcal.com about tomorrow night. This storm will pass, you're kicking its @ss.
    Love,
    Terry McCartin RN

    ReplyDelete
  6. TS this is GS now relocated to Hermosa Beach, CA in LA-LA land. Beach town USA with all that comes with it i.e. waves, girls, & cars, etc.
    Apologize about the confusion with Walt, as my son is going thru a crisis of his own, and let me tell you it's touch & go daily. Kai will be 17 on May 21, 2012.
    So with all my focus on your status, I hope Kiki and Sam are holding up OK! My thoughts go out to them as well. Here's something a friend reminded me of recently, enjoy:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=24AeqJ8tdpo&NR=1

    Garth --

    ReplyDelete