Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The number 33 hangs on a hook in the garage. Larry Bird's #, Kareem's #......for 24 more hours, my number......then we will be down to Jim Brown......wait till you see my mask. My friend Mark Karan, who went through the EXACT same cancer, brought his home at the end of treatments and made a freaking Pinata out of it. For now, think Hannibal Lector.
I took it all in today, did it with eyes wide open. The machines move in a counter-clockwise direction, stationing themselves in different positions and then you hear a whirring sound......a break, then more, and more, and more. There are two red lights directly above my head in the ceiling, lasers I suppose. This thing is hitting me like the lasers in the movie The Matrix. Coming from every conceivable angle, I imagine. I got an itch today, had to seriously work through that. Don't want to fidget by any means! All in all, about 20 minutes on the table, just long enough to  be annoying.
I'm building up a cache of creams, steriod topicals, mouth wash mixtures, this sucker is going to be fended off in any way possible. I am generating a daily sheet to keep me on track. After a mere two days I see a little bit of red on the face....so hit it with more Aloe.
I have two buyers in full ready to pull the plug on a house mode, so that could be great. Like to get them in before I look like a stranded man in the desert.....send the juju out my way folks, gotta pay for this shit. I wanna be in the Coldwell Banker Top 20 (or 10) again this year.....
Thanks to my drivers......y'all's emails have been super. Stay with me....
TS

4 comments:

  1. Hey Tom, Steve Poirier. Whats going on...Thank you for the note and Peace Sign! Angelia, your neighbor and very good friend of mine and Parvaneh's says "Hey Tom Whats up!". Thank you for the note and Peace Sign! I owe you a lunch once you are feeling up to it..Thinking of you a lot.
    ~S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tom,

    Emailed you at camoves and then read your blog for today. Ouch. Yup, you're magnificent. Good luck with the Hannibal Lector lasers, wild, good job enduring this too after the rough chemo and Erbitux. And your real estate closings, hope they fly through. You're generally kicking ass all around the place.

    Love,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. TStack, keep on truckin', this darkness got to give, the wheel keeps spinning round and round,I can't get no satisfaction, and of course, too late to stop now and I know you could add dozens to the list, sending you all the good vibes I got, and more ! Lucy Love..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. TS,

    Your strength and upbeat attitude throughout this whole process remain nothing short of inspirational and I think it's pretty safe to say none of us are going anywhere until this thing is beat and that Hannibal Lector mask is a distant memory - or the centerpiece of a
    Stack Halloween party! Stay strong and definitely keep those fidgets to a minimum!

    -RC-

    ReplyDelete